About this course
Give yourself the IELTS advantage
Preparing and planning for IELTS significantly increases your chances of success. And as co-creators of IELTS, no one is better positioned than we are to help you get the score you need. This course is all about giving you a competitive edge when you enter the testing room.
On this course you will:
- Learn about the four different test modules; listening, reading, writing and speaking
- Develop exam skills and strategies
- Take sample tests and receive personalised feedback
- Create a writing portfolio to help answer different task types
Why should you choose this course at the British Council?
Improve your chances of IELTS success with the world’s English experts and you will:
- Be taught by highly qualified teachers
- Practise all modules of the exam
- Be equipped to anticipate question types and answer them confidently
- Be provided with individualised advice and support
- Gain access to IELTS online support to help you continue learning outside the classroom
How is this course structured?
We have two types of IELTS preparation course which cater for two different levels of English ability:
- Foundation IELTS is for students placed between pre-intermediate and intermediate
- IELTS Preparation is for students placed in intermediate or higher
You’ll need to take a placement test to determine which of these two levels is right for you. These tests take place in our teaching centres in Agouza and Heliopolis and you can book your placement test online here.
You can also choose whether to do a standard, intensive or short course, depending on your time constraints and when you are planning to sit the test.
How will I be assessed?
This course is all about preparing you for your exam. Please note that once you have completed the course you won’t actually receive a grade from us. What you will receive, however, is one-to-one counselling, advice on your progress and the steps you need to take to ensure you get the result you need.