About this course
Learning English with the British Council can give you that all important competitive edge. It will help you get better grades now and the best chance of getting in to the university of your choice.
Our courses also improve your social life. You’ll communicate with friends better, enjoy music, movies and social media more, as well as making new friends from other places.
On this course you will:
- Learn to use grammar and vocabulary for meaningful communication
- Gain the confidence you need to speak and write well
- Develop the language and social skills that will give you a competitive advantage at school and in later life
Why should you choose this course from the British Council?
Teens learning English with the world’s English experts will:
- Be taught by the best qualified teachers
- Enjoy lessons that use modern, group based activities specially designed for the way teens learn
- Get access to the world’s largest online learning resource
- Have lessons that support their school studies
- Keep parents connected to progress through meetings and reports from the teachers
The right level for you
We offer courses for every age group and ability level with classes organized as follows:
We have two age groups:
- Lower secondary 2 (ages 13–14)
- Upper secondary (ages 15–17).
And four ability levels.
If you’re a new British Council learner you’ll need to take a placement test to find out which is the right course level for you. These tests take place in our teaching centres in Agouza and Heliopolis. And you can book your placement test online on here.
Please bring your birth certificate with you.
How will you be assessed?
At the end of the course, you will receive a report card, containing grades for speaking, listening, reading, and writing, as well as for participation, behaviour and effort.
If you pass, you’ll receive a certificate and progress to the next level. If you don’t, your teacher may suggest that you repeat the course to ensure you’re learning with people of the same ability.