Give your child a head start – with inspiring English classes for kids
Primary Plus, our English course for kids, will encourage your child aged six to 11 years to express themselves in a safe, motivating environment.
We create a space where only English is spoken. Children feel at the centre of their own learning. They grow in confidence as they develop their fluency in English.
Inspiring. Engaging. Motivating.
Your child will:
- build confidence by speaking in English about familiar topics such as their surroundings, from their bedroom to their neighbourhood
- express themselves through exciting activities and group projects – exploring subjects like the natural world, from under the sea to outer space
- develop important life skills, which prepare them for their future beyond the classroom.
Primary Plus Starter
Primary Plus Starter is for those 6-11 year olds whose first language has a different script to English. It offers a step-by-step pathway for learning to read and write independently, demonstrates clear and quick progress with learning the foundations of English and has fun, creative activities to develop confidence to speak in English.
Aged 6-7 years your child will:
- find out how everyone is unique in their likes, dislikes and interests
- recognise how daily lives can be similar or different
- describe their own surroundings, from their bedroom to their neighbourhood
- be aware how they express their feelings and make life choices
- think about the natural world and how they belong in it.
Aged 8-9 years your child will:
- develop their imagination through storytelling
- learn from their curiosity about the natural world, from the sea to outer space
- think about and sharing ideas on how to keep happy and healthy
- explore ways to be a good citizen
- reflect on their life, interests and hopes for the future.
Aged 10-11 years your child will:
- make use of their skills and knowledge to help others
- explore issues affecting society and the environment and finding solutions
- find out about places, cultures, ideas and inventions
- discover the exciting world of sport and the beauty of the arts
- look back on primary school and thinking about their hopes for the future.
Learn English and so much more
Young students on our English courses learn by getting involved in activities that interest them. Our expert teachers help them develop their English skills – and also creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
Set your child on the path to success
We see parents as partners. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress. At each age, we will assess their development in English language and core life skills.
Our aim is that by the end of the course your child will achieve a minimum of A2 on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You will also get a log in to the Primary Plus online portal, so that your child can continue learning at home.