Sometimes an employer or a university may request verification of your results certificate before offering a job or place. The British Council can verify your IGCSE, International GCSE and A- and AS-level certificates if required.
Mistakes and changes
Occasionally, a form or certificate may contain incorrect or incomplete information, such as a mistake with the spelling of your name, address, date of birth or other information.
If you are a school student, tell your teacher or school exams co-ordinator as soon as possible about any mistakes
The British Council's verification service is provided to individuals who are UK educational qualification holders.
We verify all education, training and professional awards, including certificates, degrees and diplomas, at all levels issued by any accredited UK institution or organization.
The British Council reserves the right to reject verification of any document if the programme or institution is not recognized by the UK education board, if the document is found to be altered or defaced in any way or if there is any question regarding the originality of the document.
- both original and photocopied educational documents
- school certificates issued from recognized UK boards
In light of the Covid-19 Pandemic
To decrease the risk on all of school leaders, parents and candidates we have worked to assist you with the below process to ensure support and stamping on any required documents for university admission.
The below process is tailored to support our Egyptian candidates who have studied abroad and wish to continue their education in Egypt and for candidate requests to support in early university admission and other activities requiring extra copies of their certificates.
Below is the new process for stamping exam results is as follows :
- Fill in the contact information form (Find it below in the downloads section) and send a scanned copy of the certificates/documents requiring stamping on the following email to be verified firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British Council team will then verify certificates sent and communicate via email the total amount of fees required for the service.
- Pay fees communicated via bank deposit, or make a bank transfer, or pay online. Bank details are clarified below and if you will pay online, make sure you tick the option in the contact information form and a British Council representative will be in touch with you for further details.
- Send exam results with the bank deposit/transfer receipt by courier to 192 EL Nil street Agouza, Cairo, Egypt.
- British Council will proceed with stamping and couriering back the results to you
- In case you are a registered candidate with a partner school in Egypt your Statement of Results should be stamped by the school before requesting the stamping service from the British Council
- For online payments : A link will be sent to your email based on your request so you can use your debit/credit card to make the payment. After the amount is received in our account (within one working day), we will proceed with verifying, stamping and couriering your documents. No need to send us any further emails to confirm the payment upon processing it.
- The process takes five working days; from receiving the hardcopies and payment until stamped results are delivered by courier.
|Acc name||BC EGYPT|
|Bank name||HSBC BANK EGYPT|
For questions or inquiries please email us on email@example.com
Kindly note that Stamping of the Original Statement of Results happens at the stamping event mainly for candidates coming from the Gulf area. Egyptian students can still apply for stamping services at the British Council if they need.
Fees for stamping and verification:
|Stamping per page||200 EGP|