Grants to Artists 2020
The British Council in Egypt is delighted to announce its ‘Grants to Artists’ funding opportunity for 2019-20. This is open to Egyptian nationals working in Egypt. The aim of the grants is to support art projects and artists in all fields.
We welcome proposals that cover, at least, one of the following:
- Work across multiple art forms
- Are led by disabled artists
- Intersect with the creative economy
- Work with communities that don’t have a tradition of engaging with arts and cultural activity.
Our arts portfolio covers the following art forms: film, music, theatre and dance, visual arts, literature and design.
The maximum grant will be £3000. Grants will be paid to recipients by cheques. Artists who receive grants will be expected to document what they do and share their experiences with other grantees and wider audiences. This could be done through blogs, video clips or other media; interviews may be arranged by the British Council with Egyptian and UK media outlets.
Subject to any changes notified to potential grantees by the British Council in accordance with the Tender Conditions, the following timescales shall apply to this Procurement Process:
||Date / time
||17 December 2019
|Deadline for clarification questions (Clarification Deadline)
||5 Januray 2020
|British Council to respond to clarification questions
||9 Januray 2020
|Deadline for submission of proposals
||17 Januray 2020, 23.59 Cairo Local Time
|Evaluation of proposals
||19 Januray 2020
|Sent Acceptance / Rejection Letters
||23 Januray 2020
||30 Januray 2020
|Contract start date
||1 February 2020
How to Apply
- The application form below is to be downloaded and filled
- Only PDF versions of the application and the budget (separate of within) are to be attached and sent to this email EG-Art@britishcouncil.org
- The email subject to be Grants to artists - *proposal name*
Deadline is Friday 17 January 2020, 23:59 Cairo Local Time.
For more information about Award Criteria and Scoring Model, please check the below Guidance Notes document