What is ‘Make your Own Course’ programme?
It is a 4-week, online teacher training programme that provides English language teachers with a variety of training sessions from which they can pick and choose to create their own certified British Council course. These online training sessions cover topics relevant to teaching children of all age groups.
Who is Make Your Own Course for?
The programme is suitable for kindergarten, primary and secondary teachers.
How can you make your own course?
You can pick and choose 10 or more online sessions from the following list:
- Teaching Vocabulary to Young Learners
- Fun with Teaching Writing
- Tips and Tricks for Correct English pronunciation
- Enquiry Based Learning
- Connecting Words to Enhance Speech Fluency
- How to Plan a Successful Online Lesson
- Using Technology in the Young Learner Classroom
- Starting and Finishing Online Lessons
- Understanding and Helping Children with SEN
- Differentiation in the Young Learner Classroom
- Using Puppets to Teach Children
- Storytelling in the Young Learner Classroom
- Teaching Phonics
- Child Development in the Early Years
- Teaching Grammar to Children
- Task Based Approach for Teaching Language
- Action Research for Teachers
- How to Plan a Successful Young Learner Lesson
- Assessment for Learning
- Using Games to Enhance Learning
How long are the online training sessions?
The duration of each online training session is 1.5 hours. The training sessions run from Sunday to Thursday over a period of 4 weeks.
You will receive a certificate at the end of the programme. The course sessions you choose to take will be indicated on your certificate along with the number of training hours.
What skills and equipment do I need for the course?
- Your English level needs to be Intermediate or above. This will be assessed during the interview stage.
- You should be computer literate and comfortable working with technology for extended periods.
- You should have access to a device with a functioning camera and good microphone (preferably a laptop, rather than a phone or tablet) and have a good internet connection. You should also have access to the Zoom platform and a quiet working space where you won’t be disturbed when working online.