This is a two-week online course designed for teachers who teach children below the age of 6. The course gives you a chance to explore useful strategies for the successful planning and management of a pre-primary class, and to examine ways in which you can create a fun and productive learning environment through developing better communication with your students.
The course comprises 8 input sessions in addition to 2 microteaching sessions.
- Early Reading and Initial Writing
- Classroom and Behaviour Management
- Using Puppets
- Using Songs and Chants
- Microteaching session 1
- Teaching Language through Storytelling
- Teaching Phonics
- Lesson Planning Tips and Technics
- Teaching Early Years Online
- Microteaching session 2
How long are the online training sessions?
The duration of each online training session is 1.5 hours. The training sessions run from Sunday to Thursday over a period of 2 weeks.
You will receive a certificate at the end of the programme. The course sessions you take will be indicated on your certificate along with the number of training hours.
What skills and equipment do I need for the course?
- Your English level needs to be Intermediate or above. This will be assessed during the interview stage.
- You should be computer literate and comfortable working with technology for extended periods.
- You should have access to a device with a functioning camera and good microphone (preferably a laptop, rather than a phone or tablet) and have a good internet connection. You should also have access to the Zoom platform and a quiet working space where you won’t be disturbed when working online.