Teaching Teens is a two-week online course designed to help teachers who deal with the different challenges of teaching students between the ages of 11 and 17 by developing a better understanding of the social, cognitive and physical developmental transitions that occur in this age group, and the implications of these in a language classroom
The course comprises 8 input sessions in addition to 2 microteaching sessions.
- Understanding Teen development and Classroom Implications
- Classroom an Behaviour Management
- Task-Based Approach
- Teaching Writing in the Teens Classroom
- Teaching Mixed Ability Classes
- Teaching Grammar
- Approaches to Lesson Planning
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Teens Online
- Microteaching and reflection
How long are the online training sessions?
The duration of an online training session is 1.5 hours. The training sessions run from Sunday to Thursday over a period of 2 weeks.
You will receive a certificate at the end of the programme. The course sessions you take will be indicated on your certificate along with the number of training hours.
What skills and equipment do I need for the course?
- Your English level needs to be Intermediate or above. This will be assessed during the interview stage.
- You should be computer literate and comfortable working with technology for extended periods.
- You should have access to a device with a functioning camera and good microphone (preferably a laptop, rather than a phone or tablet) and have a good internet connection. You should also have access to the Zoom platform and a quiet working space where you won’t be disturbed when working online.