The British Council's verification service is provided to individuals who are UK educational qualification holders.
We only verify the below:
- Graduate and post-graduate degrees from accredited academic degree-awarding UK institutions. Check institutions here.
- Qualifications from UK regulated awarding bodies and their awarding organisations. Check UK regulated awarding bodies.
- Medical qualifications (Fellowship, Membership, Diploma) from UK Royal Colleges.
- Certificates issued by UK school exam boards.
The British Council reserves the right to reject verification of any document if the programme or institution is not recognised by the UK education board, if the document is found to be altered or defaced in any way or if there is any question regarding the originality of the document.
- both original and photocopied educational documents
We do not stamp:
- ID cards
- Birth certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Training & courses certificates
- Experience & recommendations letters
- HR Letters
- other documents required by an educational institution or employer.
How much does it cost?
This service costs EGP 350 for verification and EGP 350* for stamping a certificate.
Note: fees are per stamp regardless of a document (i.e. transcripts) having more than one page.
The application process
Step 1: Visit our office with your education qualification certificate. We offer this service at our Agouza, City Stars and Alexandria centres.
Step 2: Complete the verification request form and submit a consent letter. We will then email a copy of the consent letter along with the copy of your document to the awarding UK institution for confirmation.
Step 3: We will contact you once we receive a confirmation of the authenticity of your qualification.
Step 4: You may then visit Agouza centre with your original document to have it stamped.
Alternatively send your request to the verification team.
How long will it take?
- We endeavour to proceed with the request within 3-5 working days and delivering the confirmation depends on the turnaround time of the UK institution.
- Please be aware that some UK institutions offer paid verification services. In such cases, you will be requested to pay the fees.
- The British Council holds no responsibility for any delay caused by the UK educational institution concerned.