• A high level delegation from Egypt will attend the British Council’s Going Global conference
• Going Global is a forum for education world leaders to debate international higher and further education issues and challenges, and to discuss collaborative solutions.
• There will be session on 1 June which presents opportunities for UK and international delegates to engage with Egypt through higher education
Cairo – A high level delegation from the Higher Education sector will represent Egypt at the British Council’s annual international higher education conference Going Global from 1-2 June 2015 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in London.
The delegation will be headed by the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Universities and a number of Presidents from Helwan, Ain Shams, and Alexandria and Benha Universities as well as the President of the National Authority for Accreditation and Quality Assurance.
Going Global is a forum for education world leaders to debate international higher and further education issues and challenges, and to discuss collaborative solutions. Each year it attracts over one thousand international delegates from across the tertiary education sectors and a variety of other industries with perspectives on international education. The 2015 conference will explore the creative connections that are established through bringing together diverse cultures, people and ideas, and how these connections can act as major catalysts for innovation.
James Hampson, Deputy Director British Council Egypt, said 'Egypt will have a strong presence at Going Global and we are proud to support this delegation. These are exciting times for the UK-Egypt relationship and Higher Education is central to its success. We will be looking to deepen and strengthen existing links between our two countries, building new partnerships along the way as we support the ambitions of the higher education sector in Egypt.'
An interactive closed session on Egypt will be held during Going Global on Monday 1 June at 13.30. The purpose of this session is to:
- To inform the world about higher education in Egypt
- To share with the world the plans for reform
- To explain to the world how they can engage with higher education in Egypt
Egyptian delegates will deliver presentations on:
- ‘Qualification frameworks: building international bridges’ by Dr.Youhanses Eid, President of NAQAAE
- ‘Measuring innovation: are we missing something?’ by Dr.Yasser Sakr, President of Helwan University
- ‘How do technology universities remain relevant?’ by Dr.Seddik Abdel Salam, Vice President, Alexandria University