This is the ideal course if you need to improve your writing skills to achieve success at university either at under-graduate or post-graduate level. This course will help you develop your planning, drafting and editing skills which are essential when writing a dissertation or thesis. You will also practise techniques and language to give your written style a more formal and academic tone.
You will complete five writing tasks and receive personalised feedback and counselling from your teacher.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn to structure and organise a range of written texts
- Practice planning and editing your own writing
- Learn phrases and vocabulary typical in academic writing
- Create a portfolio to showcase your written work
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE THIS COURSE FROM THE BRITISH COUNCIL?
Improve your writing skills with the world’s English experts and you will :
- Be taught by highly qualified teacher
- Enjoy lessons that use modern teaching methods and materials.
- Gain access to the LearnEnglish website featuring thousands of hints, tips, games and downloads
- See your ability to plan and write a range of academic texts improve
HOW IS THIS COURSE STRUCTURED?
This course is for students placed at upper intermediate and above. Your teacher will introduce different types of written texts typically needed at university or in higher education. You will write a number of essays and analyse typical features in other genres such as personal statements and reports.
You will need to take a placement test to determine that your writing skills are at the appropriate level. This placement test takes place in Agouza and you can book your placement test here
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED ?
There are no formal tests but you must attend at least 4 out of 5 lessons to receive a certificate of attendance.