The British Council in Egypt offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online and, where applicable, at one of our offices. British Council Agouza, Heliopolis, City Stars, Nile University or Alexandria. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||EGP 2900*||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||EGP 2900*||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||EGP 4150**||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||EGP 3105***||Book now
* The IELTS Academic and General Traning (paper basesd and computer based) test fee will be 2900 EGP until end of June.
**Starting April 7, 2020, the IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration fee will be 3300 EGP.
***Starting April 7, 2020, the IELTS for UK Life Skills fee will be 2500 EGP.
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID - passport or national ID card (for Egyptians only)at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or at any of our offices. Bank Transfers are accepted for remote venue registrations. In the Reference Section of your payment please write: [IELTS reference number / first name and family name / venue / test date].
- Once you have made the payment by bank transfer, please send us proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
IELTS test date Confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 -day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation via text message and email for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.