Our official IELTS test centres can help if you have visual, hearing, speaking or learning difficulties. If you need a modified version of IELTS, please give the test centre three months’ notice.
If special arrangements (for example, extra time) need to be made then please give the test centre a six weeks' notice.
Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have.
Special arrangements include:
- braille papers
- special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- lip-reading version of the Listening test
- enlarged print or Speaking task cards in Braille.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
- enlarged print
- Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write the answers for you.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can offer:
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
If you have dyslexia, we can arrange:
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.
Please contact your local test centre by email firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact centre 19789 as soon as possible if you have special needs that may require a modified IELTS test version.