What you should take into consideration when you prepare for your video:
Choose your location It is recommended that you record your video inside to help avoid background noise. ·
- Avoid a location with very bright direct sunlight or a very dark area.
- Side or front lighting is best
- Soft natural window light is ideal. If this is not possible, place a warm lamp in front of you.
- Avoid having bright windows or lamps behind you – lighting should come from in front of you.
Avoid messy or distracting backgrounds. A clear portion of wall is ideal.
Your head and upper body should be in the centre of the frame so that your gestures can be seen. ·
Use the best camera you have access to; your phone camera is perfectly fine!
If using your phone, ensure that it:
- is set it up in a stable position and landscape
- is fully charged
- is in airplane mode with do not disturb switched on
4. Record the 3 minutes talk on one shot with no edits, see eligibility page.
If you own a dedicated camera with mic and are confident to use this:
- Record at the highest quality - 1080p will be ideal
- Avoid high frame rates, aim for 24fps, 25fps or 30fps (higher is not necessary and impacts the amount of light required).
If possible, please wear headphones with a built-in microphone as this avoids contaminating the audio. If you are not wearing headphones, please stay close to the phone camera/microphone for the best audio.