Why take IELTS with the British Council?
When you book your IELTS test, you want to be focused on achieving the result you need to get where you want to go.
That’s why when you book IELTS with the British Council, we ensure your booking process is as easy as possible, while also providing you with the support you need on your way to test day.
Access to exclusive preparation materials and additional benefits when you book IELTS with the British Council
- Road to IELTS’s Last Minute course: This includes nine videos giving advice and tutorials, 100 interactive activities and two practice tests for each of the four skills — When you register for an IELTS test with us you’ll be free to enjoy a further 20 hours of learning materials. Click here for more information.
- IELTS Preparation Book: includes tips on each section of the IELTS test, new practice tests, and a DVD providing lots of test advice and information.
- Free practice tests: Access free practice tests online or order a copy of the IELTS Practice Book, containing sample tests for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- Prepare on the go: We have a range of free innovative apps available to help you improve your English skills even when you are on the move.
- Expert support: From videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test.
- Easy booking: You can either book online or at an official British Council IELTS test centre.
- Convenient dates and locations: In Egypt we offer a choice of 36 different dates and hold exams in Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, Tanta, Luxor, Mansoura, Benha, Ismailia, Assiut and Sohag. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you want to take your test.
- More options: You can now choose to take your test on paper or on computer at any of our official test centres.
- Five extra Test Report Forms (TRF) free: Get five additional copies of your Test Report Form sent free directly to institutions you are applying to (e.g. universities, immigration offices, etc.).
- Carefully selected venues: All of our 850 official British Council IELTS test centres have the modern facilities you’d expect and are well-located.
- Professional, friendly staff: Highly trained and experienced staff to ensure that your test day runs smoothly.
- Convenient payment options: online and in person.