If you’re thinking about getting your CELTA qualification in the future, doing our 34-hour extensive CELTA preparation course could be the ideal starting place. This course is a good opportunity to strengthen your CELTA application, and to give you a kick start on the CELTA course’s content.
Who is the course for:
- Candidates who are planning on doing the CELTA course and would like a kick start on the CELTA’s content.
- Candidates who would like to strengthen their CELTA applications for a better change at being accepted on the course.
- Candidates who are interested in developing their English teaching skills and are looking for a place to start.
Why should you choose this course?
With the British Council’s CELTA preparation course, you will experience what the CELTA is like and will be more ready for it.
On the course you will:
Be taught in small class sizes (a maximum of 10 candidates per group).
- Gain a basic understanding of some of the teaching techniques and concepts introduced on the CELTA. This will help you cope with the information load presented during the CELTA.
- Get the opportunity to practice and learn to teach by teaching
- Observe expert teachers, reflect on and discuss their lessons with an experienced tutor.
- Do CELTA like assignments and get feedback on them.
- Get familiarised with a variety of teaching resources.
- Do a mock CELTA interview and get individual feedback from one of our experts.