Book your exam online or at one of our offices and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic - on paper and computer||4300 EGP||Book now
|IELTS General Training - on paper and computer||4300 EGP||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||4800 EGP||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||3500 EGP||Book now
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID - passport or national ID card (for Egyptians only) at hand. Please note you will have to present the same passport or national ID that you use for registration on test day. Different, invalid or expired passport or national ID card will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or at any of our offices. Bank Transfers are accepted for remote venue registrations. In the Reference Section of your payment please write: [IELTS reference number / first name and family name / venue / test date].
- Once you have made the payment by bank transfer, please send us proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that the exam cost does not include extra fees that may be charged by your bank
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS Ready: Premium.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
Get ready with our free preparation materials
Choose from a wide range of free preparation materials to get the IELTS score you need. You can prepare on the go with our practice apps, videos and online lessons. You can also take our free practice tests for IELTS on paper and computer.