Important Information on Covid-19 for Exams Candidates
We are happy to announce that our School Exam sessions for May/ June 2021 will start running on 26 April 2021 for a period of 7 weeks in 14 governorates. We want to wish our candidates the best of luck and hope that the hard work they put in their studies will pay off.
Our School Exams team has been working for months on safeguarding plans to ensure students take their exams in the safest possible environment. With a new norm and a new reality dictated by COVID-19, only through working together will we deliver exams successfully and safely.
At British Council, your health and safety come first. We are closely following guidance and implementing health and safety measures to ensure the continued well-being of our community.
We would like to reassure you that our duty of care towards you is of paramount importance. We would like to highlight the relevant measures we have taken to protect our candidates and staff members at examination centres.
Things to Remember
- Bring your mask, as wearing a mask is a mandatory requirement to enter the exams hall
- Bring a transparent pencil case and water bottle with you.
- If you have a temperature above 37.5 or suffering from or showing symptoms such as flu or cough, you will not be allowed into the exam halls
- Arrive early, as there will be temperature checks at the gates, which may result in waiting time before entering the hall
As an exam candidate, you are requested to:
- Maintain two meters distance from other candidates while standing in a queue or entering or leaving the exam hall or test venue.
- If you are suffering from flu, fever or cough, please inform us in advance, through your school and share your details, exams dates and symptoms. Please stay home if you feel unwell as we will be returning the candidates who appear to have such symptoms on the exam day.
We will be ensuring that:
- All health and safety measures are communicated to our candidates before the exam through a webinar conducted for school leaders
- Our exams venues are cleaned and sanitized before, during and after each exam.
- Equipment, chairs and tables at the exams centres will be cleaned and sanitised after every exam session as per WHO’s advice and standards.
- Access to and from our exams venues or centres is always controlled to respect the social distancing measures.
- Our candidates are able to take their exam in a cleaned and ventilated room at a safe distance from others.
- Hand Sanitisers and handwash facility will be available at all exam centres.
We seek your continued support and cooperation in fulfilling our responsibility of delivering examinations to the best of our ability while prioritising your welfare at all times.