As a part of British Council’s continuous support to its partner Schools across Egypt, we are presenting Science Stars!
Science Stars is a scientific competition offered to upper secondary students currently studying in one of British Council partner schools. This is an opportunity in which they can share their scientific ideas, learn presentation and communication skills, exchange experience, compete with many other students and win awards.
Science is a challenging topic for many people, so we are offering our brilliant students the chance to present their scientific idea in a simple and attractive 3-minute presentation to various types of audience and help them understand science better.
- Students have to be registered in one of the British Schools attached to the British Council.
- Students are currently studying in grades 9,10, 11 or 12
- Students have a passion for science and will present a scientific concept of his/her choice, the chosen topic must be on a given scientific theory.
- Registration: Students to submit their application before the deadline here.
- Mentoring: Successful applicants will receive professional mentoring.
- Video submission: Students to showcase their brilliance in a 3-minute video presentation without using any digital presentation program.
- Masterclass: After screening the presentation videos, successful students will attend the masterclass, where you will have the opportunity to share, learn and network together and with a professional expert.
- Semi-Final competition: Students will go through the ﬁrst level of the competition and those successful will head to our ﬁnal competition.
- Final competition: By end of February 2023, the top ﬁnalists will compete together at the ceremony, with our inﬂuential jury, attendees, and the chance to win British Council prestigious awards.
- Summer internship for winners at The German University in Cairo
- Certiﬁcates of recognition to the winning students and schools.
- Winners will be presented at various public events.