Funding calls and opportunities
Through the Going Global Partnerships programme, you can connect and collaborate with universities, colleges, education policy makers and other partners in the UK and around the world.
Find out about our Going Global Partnerships grant funding calls and other opportunities below. Please also see our other British Council higher education and science opportunities, sign up to our higher education newsletter, and see our skills and employability opportunities.
Call for Proposal – Opportunity for UK universities to access grant to develop TNE partnership with Egypt universities
This Call for Proposal is part of Going Global Partnerships (GGP), British Council’s global project on higher education. GGP’s overall objective is to create stronger, more inclusive and globally connected tertiary education systems, which support economic and social growth, with the UK seen as trusted partner and provider.
About the grant
Grant of around £80,000 will be provided to 2 UK universities to partner with 2 universities from Egypt for running a project that will support greater internationalisation of HE institutions and transnational education or TNE. Each successful proposal will receive max of £40,000 grant which shall only be used to cover project activities which will contribute in achieving GGP short and long term outcomes.
Example of project activities could include (not exhaustive list):
- Joint curriculum development
- Creating enabling environment for TNE (e.g. policy dialogue, quality assurance etc)
- Training and professional development
- Digital delivery
Benefits for UK universities
- Access to grant for setting up TNE in Egypt, a priority country under the UK’s International Education Strategy
- Increase strategic partnership with stakeholders in Egypt
- Increase international networks, platforms, and opportunities for future collaborations
- Increase opportunities to share knowledge and expertise with Egyptian universities
How to Apply
Please complete Application Form below (Appendix 1) along with all supporting documentations (Appendix 2, Appendix 5 and Letters of Support) and email them to email@example.com by Friday 17 December at 23:59 GMT.