The Newton-Mosharafa Fund is £50 million, seven-year science and innovation partnership between the UK and Egypt.
The Fund brings together the British and Egyptian scientific research and innovation sectors to find joint solutions to the challenges facing Egypt in economic development and social welfare. Read the Newton Mosharafa Fund brief.
Through Newton-Mosharafa, we will:
- build the skills and knowledge of British and Egyptian scientists through training and researcher mobility schemes;
- support British and Egyptian researchers to develop new innovations and partnerships in development areas;
- facilitate collaboration between universities and industry to ensure that new research can benefit all in society.
We support projects in five priority areas:
- Sustainable water management
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable food production
- Archaeology and cultural heritage
- Affordable and inclusive healthcare
Please note that for the 2017-2018 PhD applications round, the theme of archaeology and cultural heritage won’t be accepted.